Monday, July 7, 2008

Codasur is this weekend



Wednesday we leave for Huancayo for the Codasur Rally where I will be competing again with Luchon Alayza in the Subaru Forester. Unfortunately, the Impreza is not ready yet but it will be a good warm-up for Luchon before the car is fully ready to test.

There’s only one other guy in our class so the plan is to be very conservative and maybe push a little towards the end. I’m really looking forward to have more seat time in the car and this time we will have more power to climb in the altitude which is nice.

I have never been to this rally before but they tell me it’s really popular with a lot of spectators so I’m sure it will be a good time.

The route is pretty much the same as the Pre Codasur rally we did in May and I have been looking at all the videos from then to refresh my memory and also look at some of the parts that confused me. Now I want to beat myself in the head because I don’t understand how I could have gotten so confused! :(

Crossing fingers everything goes well and that I can make it to the end of a rally this time and also hopefully win our class. Anyway, I plan to take tons of pics so that I can show you what went on.

Thanks to some of the readers of the magazine that have sent me emails about my new co-driving gig. It’s nice to know you’re interested in what I do.

The rally starts Saturday at 8.51am local time and you can follow it at www.achperu.com