Saturday, July 19, 2008

Gearbox problems in Codasur



Oh well! What can I say? That’s rallying I guess. We were sixth overall after day one of Rally Region Junin, the fourth round of the FIA Codasur, until we had gearbox problems on the second stage of day two.

It was an honour though to compete with Luchon Alayza in some of his last rallies before he retires from the sport at the end of the year. I learned a lot from him but I think what I eventually want to do is get at the wheel of a rally car. Many people have been asking me about it and I don’t think I can just sit around waiting for somebody to call or decide if I will be co-driving for them.

This second half of the year my dad is going to open his driving school and I plan to take every bit of advantage from it by practicing and training in karts as well as looking for sponsors. Will see where we go at the end of the year but for sure I won’t be sitting at home in 2009 watching rallies on TV.

You can see some of my photos from the rally here http://www.flickr.com/photos/9515730@N03/